Did you know that there are tens of millions of freelancers worldwide? Freelancing is most preferred in Europe, where 35.5% of the worldwide freelancer area is concentrated. In Latin America and also Asia, there are a little less consultants– 29.2% and also 28% specifically. The remaining 10.1% of freelancers live on the African continent.
The of supply and demand proceeds changing the world labour market. In the US alone, more than 57 countless the nation’s population are freelancers. Most of consultants worldwide are young experts: 20– 30% of the young labor force of the United States and also EU nations like to benefit themselves.
Being a fresh graduate means that you have successfully completed your education and are preparing to enter the workforce. You need to start thinking about what you want to do and how to get your dream job. On the other hand there may be a lot of pressure from the environment that requires you to immediately have a ‘normal’ job. One of the best ways you can try as a fresh graduate is to become a freelance employee.
According to Forbes, about 60% of millennials choose to resign from a company in less than three years. They consider working in a company will make their lives become monotonous and not fun. They are a generation who are adventurous and seek life experiences. Therefore, many millennials choose to become freelancers because of their freedom in managing their time and life according to their wishes.
According to a recent survey, 9 out of 10 university graduates with first and second class degrees see freelancers as a lucrative career choice. The graduates see that in the future, freelancers will become ‘normal’ and popular jobs.
On the other hand, being a freelancer gives you the opportunity to shape your work life according to your personality, desired lifestyle, desired income, and provide a variety of more interesting work experiences.
What is freelancing?
Freelancing is when an individual decides to work for themselves and also are known as ‘self-employed’. With freelancing, you are your very own employer as well as have greater adaptability with all parts of the task. You are basically creating, establishing and also running a business, providing customers with a service. You can start freelancing as a graduate fresh out of college, whilst you’re a student, or you could also choose to leave irreversible work to become a freelancer. Freelancing can be a fantastic choice for grads that want to work for themselves.
Is freelancing for you? Here are some questions to help you weigh freelancing as a post-graduation option.
Is freelancing for you?
When it pertains to determining if freelancing is for you, there are numerous aspects you will certainly need to take into consideration. You will require to have the combination of important abilities, passion and also a company mind in order to succeed when it concerns freelancing. Right here are the essential abilities that you need, yet do not fret if you do not have every one of them yet as you can pick them up as you function.
- Time management — it’s crucial that you have the ability to handle your time when it pertains to working with greater than one project each time, along with working to target dates.
- Self-discipline — yes you can spend an entire day binge-watching the current TV program on Netflix, but you likewise require to safeguard and also keep customers for your freelancing business.
- Organised — this ties in with time management. Running an organisation as a consultant is a significant task, so you will certainly require to be organised in order to get the job done.
- Communication — it’s necessary that you recognize how to communicate properly, as it will play a big role in protecting customers for your work.
- Budgeting abilities — when you are running a company you will require to understand to how to budget.
- Abilities in the field — it goes without saying that you require to be great at what you do, whether you are a photographer or a freelance web designer.
Some other skills that are essential to have as well as will certainly learn as you run your freelance company are accounting skills, networking abilities, discussing skills, research study skills and sales abilities.